The High Elves of Quel'thalas are a proud magically gifted race descended from the Highborne that sailed from Kalimdor thousands of years ago. These ancient Highborne eventually settled in Northern Eastern Kingdoms, finding a forest so beautiful that decided to claim it. The natives of this new land, the Amani Forest Trolls, did not take kindly to this. After many battles the High Elves eventually formed an alliance with the Human Nation of Arathor. In return for driving defeating the Trolls, the High Elves taught the humans magic. This began the Alliance between humans and high elves.
Ingame, the High Elves have the colour green. They start out entirely inside Quel'Thalas, with some trolls creeps in Zul'Aman. Their unit lineup consists mostly of ranged units, including siege weapons, and a few melee units. They control two heroes, Sylvanas and Anasterian. If Silvermoon falls, they will lose those two heroes but gain Kael'Thas and the Blood Elves. They are allied with Lordaeron and Dalaran, and the primary enemies of green are the Burning Legion and the Scourge.
Location & AlliesEdit
Quel'Thalas is located on the northern-most tip of the Eastern Kingdoms. The High Elves begin with two allies, Dalaran and Lordaeron.
Pros & ConsEdit
- Capable of drastically reducing enemy speed with Cold Arrows and Slow.
- Farstriders can silence enemy casters.
- Nearly every unit benefits from Trueshot Aura. Sylvanas has Trueshot Aura.
- Has powerful support spells and healing from Priests.
- Access to unlimited magic immune Spell Breakers after Silvermoon dies.
- Elven Ballista serve as the North Alliance's only long-ranged siege weapons.
- Lacks decent melee power before Silvermoon dies.
- Difficult to survive alone, but not impossible.
- Can permanently loss both his initial heroes.
- Has a low starting income.
|Arcane Empowerment||355||150||Improves the effectiveness of the Priest's Heal and Inner Fire as well as the Sorceress's Slow and Polymorph. Improves Anasterian's intelligence by 10 and gives him two skill points.|
|Archery Mastery||375||270||Extends the attack range of the Farstrider by 50. Also improves the Quel'Danas Ranger's Searing Arrrows, by having it no longer cost mana and increasing its damage by 2.|
|Blood Infusement||340||175||Increases the health of Spell Breakers and Blood Elf Warriors by 15%, their mana by 50% and gives Blood Elf Warriors the Feedback ability. This mastery will only be useful after Silvermoon is destroyed.|
- Can subjugate Gilneas.
- If Silvermoon falls, all buildings in Quel'thalas will go neutral hostile, and a small force of Blood Elves with Kael'thas Sunstrider will spawn inside Dalaran Dungeons. You will gain access to Blood Mages, Blood Elf Warriors, and Spellbreakers, but loose Anasterian Sunstrider, Sylvanas Windrunner, and High Elven Magus permanently.
- Kael'thas can drop an item on the teleporter in the Dalaran dungeons to activate it. The teleporter leads to the Netherstorm in Outland. This is very useful for escaping the Scourge and starting over in Outland.
- Can gain Kael'thas before Silvermoon dies by capturing Drak'tharon Keep in Eastern Northrend.
Heroes, Units and BuildingsEdit
- Normal units:
- Town Hall, Castle and Keep
- Elven Barracks
- Arcane Sanctrum
- Transport Ship
- Normal units:
- Grand Elven Sunwell (Unbuildable)
- Elven Runestone (Unbuildable)
- Silvermoon Palace (Unbuildable)
- High Elven Farm (Unbuildable)
- Elven Farm
- Town Hall (Upgrades to Keep and then to Castle)
- Elven Barracks
- Altar of Kings
- Arcane Sanctum
- Arcane Vault
- Scout Tower (Upgrades to Elven Guard Tower or Arcane Tower)
- High Elves and Blood Elves are the same race; Blood Elves are the remaining forces of High Elves after Silvermoon falls.
- Keeps and Castles have a long ranged siege attack.